Join VBGA or Renew Your Membership
The VBGA represents berry growers in all facets of the berry industry throughout Virginia. The purpose of the VBGA is to: foster, encourage, and promote all activities for the advancement of the berry industry in Virginia and to provide a forum for the many growers around the state.
Member benefits include:
- Connecting with other growers to coordinate group buying of plants or growing materials;
- Selling your crops, services, or equipment via our members-only classifieds;
- Buying, leasing, or borrowing equipment from other members via our members-only classifieds;
- Communicating with other growers and learning through the online member forum;
- Receiving email updates of important information including pest/disease updates, customer inquires, and more;
- Getting full access to the entire VBGA website. Non-members have very limited access; and
- Attending the annual VSU Berry Growers Conference each Spring. Your membership in the VBGA entitles you to attend the conference at our expense. This annual day long educational conference provides the latest information on cultivar selection, growing techniques, and marketing information from respected university extension, research, and teaching faculty as well as successful growers. Members have input into the program planning, including needed topics and suggested speakers.
Through membership, your berry world will expand and the community of berry growers you will be a part of will be able to have a greater influence in the Virginia berry industry.
VBGA Mission Statement
To advance the interest of the berry industries in Virginia; to collect, preserve, and circulate valuable and useful information relating to the business of growing and marketing of berries; to collate, distribute, and publish such information; to promote economic and production research to improve the quality of products; to promote betterment of markets; to promote integrity, good faith, goodwill, and just and equitable principles of business in the industry; and to strive in all ways to promote the best interests of its members.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
See this PBS video of Virginia Farming. Most of the show is about berries and features an interview with VBGA Board Member, Jerry Fields. His interview starts at 5:37 and goes until 19:20. Among other things, he talks about how he keeps birds out of his berry patch…an inexpensive solution.
Get your shortcake ready. Virginia strawberry growers anticipate a strong season for fresh, Virginia-grown strawberries. […]